The so-called polymer lithium battery is a kind of lithium battery with a gel-like electrolyte and flexible packaging. It is often called a soft-pack lithium battery in most markets. This makes lithium battery cells different from ordinary liquid lithium-ion batteries. The same place, so there are some special precautions, the following precautions are put forward for the mistakes that may occur during the use and assembly of the battery.
1. Precautions for the use of batteries, including protection of aluminum-plastic composite film, top sealing (edge sealing of pole shank), side sealing, pole shank, and measures to avoid mechanical impact and short circuit.
1. Aluminum-plastic composite film outer packaging protection: mainly to avoid being damaged by sharp parts. For this reason, the environment around the battery should be cleaned up from time to time, sharp parts are forbidden to touch or collide with the battery cell, and gloves can be worn when taking it to avoid scratching the surface of the battery cell with your fingernails
2. Top sealing and side sealing protection: In order to avoid damage to the top sealing and side sealing and destroying the sealing effect, it is forbidden to bend the top sealing and side sealing; at the same time, the cell design must adopt reliable insulation isolation Measures to avoid butt short circuit between the negative electrode and the aluminum-plastic composite film
3. Pole handle protection: The positive lead terminal of the polymer lithium battery cell adopts an aluminum pole handle, and the negative lead terminal uses a nickel pole handle. Since the pole handle is thin, bending should be prohibited; at the same time, the pole handle and the aluminum-plastic composite film should be avoided in the production process, and the ferrule film should be strictly isolated.
4. Avoid mechanical impact, such as falling, hitting, bending the battery cell and accidentally trampling on the battery.
5. It is forbidden to short-circuit the positive and negative poles with metal objects or wires
Two. After a battery cell is completed, the next step is to correctly combine the shell and the battery cell protection circuit module to make it a polymer battery. The precautions in this process are as follows:
1. Shell design:
(1) Adequate mechanical strength to avoid mechanical damage to the cell by external forces;
(2) When the cell is installed in the shell, avoid the sharp edges and corners of the shell from scratching the cell;
(3) Prevent aluminum-plastic composite The film interlayer pure aluminum contacts with the outside and short-circuits.
2. Cell protection circuit must be designed: including the scientific setting of the maximum/minimum voltage, overcurrent protection, the battery unit (single cell) needs to be protected against overcharge and overdischarge when the cell is used in combination.
3. The transfer of the positive aluminum pole handle through the nickel strip, and the connection between the battery core and the circuit board should be implemented by ultrasonic welding or spot welding technology.
4. Reliable positioning of the battery cell. After the battery cell is assembled, it should be fastened firmly in the shell without loosening at will, so that the entire lithium battery structure is in a consolidated state.
3. Monitoring water vapor in the manufacturing process of lithium batteries
1. The manufacturing process of producing battery cells is very sensitive to moisture. This challenging production environment requires a water vapor detector that is reliable and highly resistant to process by-products that may be present in the air.
2. In the lithium battery manufacturing process, the treatment of dry air is extremely important, mainly for the following three reasons: first, to prevent unnecessary chemical reactions such as fires and explosions; second, to prevent product quality problems; Third, grasp and control the costs associated with drying large amounts of air. At the same time, well-known brand manufacturers are selected to ensure long-term stability and efficient after-sales service capabilities to ensure that the manufacturer's product quality has a certain degree of guarantee.